Camp Douglas Dig - October 25-29,2013

Camp Douglas was a Civil War military installation in existence from 1861 until 1865 and located in the Bronzeville area of Chicago. The northern boundary was 31st Street, south 33rd Place, east Cottage Grove Avenue and west to, probably, Giles Avenue. Approximately 40,000 Union soldiers, including African Americans, entered service and were trained at the camp.

Advertisements